Fixed rates for the full term of your investment.
Our Peoples Trust GIC offers you a guaranteed rate of return in a non-registered product with terms ranging from 30 days to 5 years. And, for peace of mind, these deposits are eligible for insurance with Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC).
To calculate your CDIC coverage eligibility, please click here.
If you are looking to maximize your CDIC coverage, please also check out Peoples Bank, which is a part of our family of financial services. When you open a new account or purchase GICs with Peoples Bank, you’ll be pleased to know your accounts are eligible for the same coverage through CDIC as our current Peoples Trust products. To increase your potential coverage, you may want to keep accounts in both Peoples Bank and Peoples Trust. To learn more about Peoples Bank, click here.
Whether it’s a short-term investment of 30-364 days, or a long-term investment of 1-5 years, interest rates will never change after you invest in a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC).
- A rate that is fixed and guaranteed for the full term of your investment
- Short-term investments available from 30 days to 364 days (interest paid at maturity)
- Long-term investments available from 1 to 5 years (annual or compounding interest options)
- Fully assignable and transferable
- Eligible for deposit insurance offered by Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC)
- Monthly statement available online
- Minimum deposit is $1,000
- No set-up, service or transfer fees