Buying your first home is an exciting time.
Peoples specializes in helping first –time home buyers and those new to Canada through the process, step by step starting with a pre-approval to help you decide what you can afford.
We provide a tailored mortgage solution to meet your financial needs and we’re committed to giving you a competitive rate that is often better than the rates offered by a bank.
Through our mortgage structuring process, we can help you afford more with less down and for those who don’t fit the traditional lending mold, we can also provide mortgage alternatives.
Our flexible terms and common-sense approach will make your home financing experience comfortable.
- 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5-year fixed rate mortgages
- Portability of fixed rate mortgages
- 20% prepayment privilege
- 20% payment increase
- 5-year adjustable rate mortgage
How do I apply for a mortgage with PT?
It’s as simple as contacting one of our professional mortgage planners, who will get you started.
What is a pre-qualification and why do I need one?
Mortgage pre-qualification is a simple and quick process. A pre-qualification is a no obligation way to determine what you can comfortably afford. In most cases, we can have your pre-qualification to you the same day we receive your application. By providing us with some basic financial information, our Mortgage Planners can assist you in determining which mortgage is best for you.
What is the process?
- Meet with your Mortgage Planner to discuss your financial strategy and needs, mortgage amount, down payment, purchase price, etc.
- Let us educate you on the terms, mortgage types, options and your goals, to help you find the mortgage that work for you.
- Your Mortgage Planner will take an application from you, with your financial details, liabilities and with your permission, access your credit bureau.
- Your Mortgage Planner will let you know what documents you will need to supply upon conditional approval of your mortgage. Any conditions must be met for your mortgage to be fully approved.
Pre-approvals are subject to your continued good credit and are usually good for 90 days
- You’ll save time house-hunting, seeing only homes you can afford.
- You’ll have a better idea of your monthly payment amounts, as well as how much your down payment will be.
- Real estate agents may serve you better because they know you’re serious and ready to buy.
- When you make an offer to purchase, the seller may be more likely to give it serious consideration because you have solid financial backing.
- Your pre-approved status may give you more negotiating power with a seller.
- There’s no cost to you and you’re not obligated to accept the mortgage.
Ready to get started?
Get one step closer to your dream home. Talk to one of our mortgage experts today!