Renewing your mortgage
Renewal time is a great opportunity to review your financial needs! We will call you to discuss rates, options and your financial goals so we can find the right mortgage for you. Your renewal can be processed up to 90 days before maturity, allowing you to “lock-in” your rate without worry. Additionally, there is no re-qualification required.
Switching your mortgage
Is it time to reevaluate your current mortgage lender? Let us help you with expert advice!
Our Mortgage Planners will discuss your long and short term goals, in order to assist you in picking the best mortgage for you. A switch to Peoples Trust is quick and convenient. We will contact your current lender and make all the arrangements on your behalf.
A switch to Peoples Trust can be low or no cost. Talk to one of our Mortgage Planners to see how we can eliminate the cost of switching.
- 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5-year fixed rate mortgages
- Portability of fixed rate mortgages
- 20% prepayment privilege
- 20% payment increase
- 5-year adjustable rate mortgage
How do I apply for a mortgage with PT?
It’s as simple as contacting one of our professional mortgage planners, who will get you started
What is a pre-qualification and why do I need one?
Mortgage pre-qualification is a simple and quick process. A pre-qualification is a no obligation way to determine what you can comfortably afford. In most cases, we can have your pre-qualification to you the same day we receive your application. By providing us with some basic financial information, our Mortgage Planners can assist you in determining which mortgage is best for you.
What is the process?
- Meet with your Mortgage Planner to discuss your financial strategy and needs, mortgage amount, down payment, purchase price, etc.
- Let us educate you on the terms, mortgage types, options and your goals, to help you find the mortgage that work for you.
- Your Mortgage Planner will take an application from you, with your financial details, liabilities and with your permission, access your credit bureau.
- Your Mortgage Planner will let you know what documents you will need to supply upon conditional approval of your mortgage. Any conditions must be met for your mortgage to be fully approved.
Pre-approvals are subject to your continued good credit and are usually good for 90 days
- You’ll save time house-hunting, seeing only homes you can afford.
- You’ll have a better idea of your monthly payment amounts, as well as how much your down payment will be.
- Real estate agents may serve you better because they know you’re serious and ready to buy.
- When you make an offer to purchase, the seller may be more likely to give it serious consideration because you have solid financial backing.
- Your pre-approved status may give you more negotiating power with a seller.
- There’s no cost to you and you’re not obligated to accept the mortgage.